University of Twente Scholarships (UTS)
University of Twente
Deadline: 1 Feb/1 May (annual)
Study in: Netherlands
Course starts Sept (of the year you are applying for)
University Twente Scholarships (UTS) are scholarships are used to encourage excellent students from both EU/EEA and non-EU/EEA countries, who are applying for a graduate programme (MSc) at the University of Twente.
These scholarship programmes are hosted by the University of Twente, The Netherlands
Level/Field(s) of study:
Here is a list of qualifying Master’s Programmes offered at the University:
- · Applied Mathematics
- · Applied Physics
- · Biomedical Engineering
- · Business Administration
- · Business Information Technology
- · Chemical Engineering
- · Civil Engineering and Management
- · Communication Science
- · Computer Science
- · Construction Management and Engineering
- · Educational Science and Technology
- · Electrical Engineering
- · Embedded Systems
- · Environmental and Energy Management
- · European Studies
- · Health Sciences
- · Industrial Design Engineering
- · Industrial Engineering and Management
- · Interaction Technology
- · Mechanical Engineering
- · Nanotechnology
- · Philosophy of Science, Technology and Society
- · Psychology
- · Public Administration
- · Sustainable Energy Technology
- · Systems and Control
Number of Scholarships:
There are approximately 50 scholarships available.
These scholarships are targeted at international students from both EU/EEA and non-EU/EEA countries (see the official website for complete list)
Beneficiaries recieve the scholarship value which ranges from € 3,000 – € 22,000 for one year. In case of a two-year study programme, beneficiaries can receive an additional UTS of an amount equal to that in the first year when they meet the process requirements for the UTS.
For you to qualify for a UTS, you must fulfil all of the following requirements below:
- Application for an UT scholarship is a procedure separate from the application for course entry at the University of Twente. You must have been given an admission letter first, regardless of funding for the programme.
- You must have been given(provisional) admission to one of the qualifying UT Master programmes starting in the academic year 2022/2023 (September). You should also note that after completing your application, the result could take up to 8 weeks before you receive it.
- You must have a student number.
- You have not graduated from a UT graduate programme;
- You comply with the conditions for obtaining an entry visa in the Netherlands (if applicable);
- You comply with the general English language test requirement Academic IELTS 6.5 (or TOEFL iBT of 90) and an additional 6.0 (TOEFL iBT 20) on the subscore of speaking skills
- You are not eligible for a Dutch study loan;
- The University Twente Scholarship is a scholarship which excellent students apply for. This then means that you have to belong to the best 5 to 10 percent of your class to stand a chance of winning this scholarship.
If you are interested in this scholarship you have to apply for a Master’s degree programme and receive a (conditional) admission letter before you can apply for the scholarship with your student number. The deadline for Round 1 applications which opens on 15 October is February 1, (of the year you applied for) while the deadline for Round 2 applications which opens on February 1, is May 1 (of the year you applied for). You can also check the website to confirm the specific dates for these deadlines.
As an applicant it is also very important to visit the official website (link found below) to start the application process and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: