Annual THGM MUSE Scholarship for Writing Students
Writers who will to excel in this specialized profession at a young age can apply for the THGM (The Happy Guy Marketing Inc.) MUSE scholarship to get funding and inspirational to achieve their goals. The THGM Writing Services which has been available since 2006 has helped clients to identify the right words to tell their stories and pass across their messages. This opportunity helps young writers to pursue their writing-related education goals.
Every great writer has a source of inspiration for their work. A muse refers to an artist’s personified source of inspiration. A writer’s muse is what inspires that writer to come up with fresh ideas and find the right words to express them. The THGM serves as a muse to young writers and this is the more reason why you should apply for this opportunity.
The THGM MUSE Scholarship will assists a first year student to focus a little more on their studies and their craft and a little spending on paying for breakfast. This MUSE Scholarship will help beneficiaries to develop fresh ideas and identify the right choice of words to express such ideas.
For beneficiaries of this opportunity in 2022, they will get a single award of US$500. If the study area is in Canada, the award to be given to beneficiaries will be C$630.
For 2022, the deadline for application is May 15 and Recipient will be notified by June 30, 2022. But this is an annual scholarship so you should always visit their official website to know the deadline for the year you are applying.
To be eligible for this scholarship you have to meet the following criteria:
- You MUST be a citizen or resident of the United States or Canada
- You MUST be currently studying at the secondary level
- You MUST be planning to study in a writing-related program. The program MUST be Full-time studies, at the first-year level, at a recognized post-secondary institution, and with instruction at least 50% in English.
Examples of writing-related programs include:
- Programs with the word “writing” in the title, such as “Creative Writing”
- English literature
- Theatre and film (where screenplay writing or play writing is part of the first year curriculum)
- Public relations
The list provided here is not an exhaustive. Some other programs not listed here done in any of the over 4,418 post-secondary institutions in North America, can qualify for this opportunity if the meet the criteria.
To apply for this scholarship you have to follow the instructions given here.
- You have to write a short story with the following characteristics:
- Your story should be between 400 and 600 words
- Your work has to be written in English
- Include a character who is a student in the program you applied for
- Your work should be Original. Don’t recycle previously written work
- The work has to be written by you alone, without help of anybody else
- The work should be preferably in prose and script.
- Your work should be very creative ideas. It should be able to move the audience to tears, make them jump from their seats, make them laugh or any other emotional outburst. The work has to be impressive.
- You will provide proof of your present secondary study.
- You will provide evidence of your post-secondary enrollment (that can actually be provided later if you are not yet officially enrolled).
- You will submit two-three sentences about yourself. This is where you say something about what makes you a special person and writer, including your career aspirations.
Certain legal issues have to be addressed in the process of getting and maintaining this scholarship opportunity.
- You retain copyright of your submitted work.
- THGM Writing Services (The Happy Guy Marketing Inc.) will have non-exclusive and unrestricted publishing rights on THGM web properties and/or elsewhere. The name on the application and/or the name on the submitted work will be given credit.
- THGM Writing Services have exclusive discretion to decide and select the beneficiaries.
- You grant THGM Writing Services the right to use your name and likeness to promote the MUSE Scholarship and/or in connection with publishing your submitted work.
- THGM Writing Services may contact on issues about this scholarship or about publishing your work. You contact will neither be shard to a third party or used for another purpose.
This is an annual scholarship so if you missed the last one you can apply for the next one. Make sure you don’t pay any fee to apply. This is because the application is totally free.