$50k Annual Scholarship in Hong Kong Offered by AIA Group
Many students wish to acquire top quality education in Hong Kong but they are often held back by lack of funds. Well, that challenge may have become a thing of the past with this special scholarship opportunity.
About AIA Scholarships
The AIA Scholarships constitute a major investment in Hong Kong. This represents AIA’s great confidence in the future of the city and its young people. Several scholarships provided by AIA are designed to support beneficiaries’ tuition fees. The scholarships also recognise students who have demonstrated a track record of academic excellence and community service. Applicants are free to choose any academic discipline offered by universities and successful applicants will receive an award of HK$50,000 each year throughout their undergraduate studies.
The AIA Scholarships announcement coincides with the 10th anniversary of AIA’s successful listing on the Main Board of The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited in October 2010, and follows the Company’s centenary celebrated in 2019. AIA has been operating in Hong Kong for 89 years.
Purpose and Scope
The Scholarships shall be offered to local full-time first year undergraduate students based on academic merit and participation in community services or charitable work. Where candidates are of equal merit, priority will be given to students from families experiencing financial difficulty and who would not otherwise have the opportunity to pursue a university education.
- the local full-time year 1 undergraduate students with right of abode or the right to land, or have entered the Hong Kong on One-way Permits; and
- have resided in the Hong Kong continuously for at least 3 complete years immediately prior to the commencement of their undergraduate programme; and
- have received their senior secondary education in Hong Kong, including those who have studied local (e.g. HKDSE) and non-local (e.g. IB) curricula; and
- demonstrate excellent academic performance with a minimum GPA of 3.2 on a 4.3 scale in the first semester of the first year of their undergraduate programmes; and
- demonstrate a record of community service or charitable work, undertaken prior to their application for the AIA Scholarships; and
- must not be held concurrently with other scholarships that subsidise the students’ local tuition fees.
Applications for the scholarships will normally open in mid-November each year. The results are expected to be available around April.