Top Nursing Scholarships Around the World
Nursing is a very lucrative career across the world today. You can get fully or partially funded scholarship to study nursing in some of the best universities in the world. If you are planning to study nursing and you need some additional funding, there is a wide range of scholarships available to help you achieve this ambition. This article provides various nursing scholarships offered around the world and these opportunities are broken down by region in this article.
Scholarships in Nursing to Study in the United States
- A Nurse I am Scholarship by Cherokee Uniforms – This opportunity offers up to 10 scholarships, each worth US$2,000, to nursing students.
- American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN) – This association provides Continuing Professional Development Scholarships to assist members acquire knowledge and skills beyond traditional academic nursing education.
- American Red Cross Jane Delano Nursing Scholarship – This scholarship is available to nursing students who have contributed volunteer service to or are employees of an American Red Cross unit. The scholarship offers a limited number of $3,000 scholarships are awarded each year.
- Cascade Healthcare Solutions Nurses Make a Difference Scholarship – An annual $1,000 scholarship awarded to an aspiring nurse who is currently enrolled in (or accepted for) an undergraduate nursing program. To be eligible for this opportunity you need to be either a legal resident of the US or hold a valid student visa to apply.
- Delta State University – This university offers a variety of scholarships on offer to study at the Robert E. Smith School of Nursing.
- Foundation of the National Student Nurses Association (FNSNA) General Scholarship – This scholarship is open to all US nursing students currently enrolled in a state-approved undergraduate or graduate nursing program. The scholarship awards range from $1,000 to $7,500 per academic year.
- Johns Hopkins University School of Nursing – This university offers various merit-based funding opportunities and they are available for MSN and DNP programs at the university, ranging from US$7,500 to full tuition. With the exception of the Fuld Fellowship in Patient Care Quality and Safety, no separate applications are required.
- Johnson & Johnson Discover Nursing Scholarships Database – You can use this tool to search and find scholarships in the US by state, study level and requirements. It lists over 340 nursing scholarships.
- National Black Nurses Association (NBNA) – The association offers annual scholarships for students who are NBNA members or local chapter members, currently enrolled in an undergraduate nursing program, and have at least one full year of study remaining. Beneficiaries receive awards which range from US$1,000 to $6,000.
- Northern Illinois University – Various scholarships available to study nursing. Only admitted nursing majors are eligible.
- NURSE Corps Scholarship Program – This program enables students accepted or enrolled in a diploma, associate, baccalaureate or graduate nursing programs, to receive funding for tuition, fees and other educational costs in exchange for working at an eligible NURSE Corps site upon graduation. Applicants must be US citizens (born or naturalized), nationals or lawful permanent residents.
- University of Washington School of Nursing – The university offers various fellowships and awards are available to study nursing at the University of Washington at all study levels.
Scholarships in Nursing to Study in Canada
- Canadian Nurses Foundation – This foundation offers a range of awards to support Canadian students of nursing at various study levels, from baccalaureate to doctorate. Awards range from US$1,000 to $10,000.
- Montfort Hospital – Six Montfort Clinical Excellence Scholarships of CA$6,000 each are offered to beneficiaries and this is made available to study nursing in French. To be eligible for this scholarship you must have an outstanding academic record and be registered in a baccalaureate nursing program at an Ontario university.
- StudentAid BC Nurses’ Education Bursary – Bursary awards of between CA$500 and $2,000 are offered to beneficiaries for full-time nursing students in British Columbia who demonstrate the greatest financial need.
- University of Alberta – The university offers various scholarships to study nursing at the university are available, including the Ambassador Award, granted based on academic excellence.
- University of Prince Edward Island (UPEI) – There is a variety of nursing scholarships for current and entering students of UPEI’s nursing school, such as the Friends of UPEI Calgary Bill and Denise Andrew Scholarship in Nursing, which awards up to CA$5,000 for students entering their nursing course, with preference given to students from Calgary.
- University of Toronto Lawrence S. Bloomberg Faculty of Nursing – This university offers over 75 undergraduate awards and 100 graduate fellowships, and they are awarded based on academic excellence and/or financial need.
Scholarships in Nursing to Study in the United Kingdom
- Florence Nightingale Foundation – There is a wide range of research, travel and leadership scholarships offered by this the foundation.
- Queen’s University Belfast Patricia Napier Scholarships – This opportunity offers two postgraduate scholarships which cover tuition and registration fees to study an MSc or postgraduate diploma at Queen’s University Belfast’s School of Nursing and Midwifery.
- RCN Foundation scholarships – The foundation offers a range of educational and hardship grants for nursing students and professionals, including the Olufunke Adeyeye Education Grant which supports nurses and midwives from ethnic minority backgrounds to further their professional studies.
- NHS Nursing Bursary – To be eligible to apply for an NHS bursary the applicant must have been living in the UK, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man for 3 years up to the start of the academic year. £1,000 grants available for nursing and midwifery students.
- The Royal College of Nursing – This is for a person who is a qualified nurse working in Wales, or studying to become a qualified nurse at an institution in Wales. If you are eligible then you can apply for the June Clark Travel Scholarship, which awards up to £1,000.
- University of Surrey Ted Adams Trust Scholarships for Student Nurses – This university awards £3,000 a year for a maximum of three years to mature students (aged 25 and above) studying an undergraduate or postgraduate nursing degree at the university.
Scholarships in Nursing to Study in Asia
- International Medical University, Malaysia – There are scholarship opportunities available to fully or partially cover beneficiaries’ tuition fees for the full duration of a nursing degree at the International Medical University in Kuala Lumpur. These scholarships are awarded to both international and domestic students according to academic excellence, extra curriculum participation and leadership qualities.
- Asian Nursing Scholarship – Beneficiaries will have the opportunity to pursue a Nursing Diploma and work in a public healthcare institution in Singapore.
- University of Hong Kong School of Nursing – There are various scholarships to study at the university, including the Academic Elite Scholarship in Nursing, which awards up to HK$231,500 to high-calibre students.
Scholarships in Nursing to Study in Australia or New Zealand
- New Zealand Nurses’ Organization (NZNO)
- The Australian College of Nursing (ACN)
- University of South Australia
- University of Sydney, Sydney Nursing School
These are great opportunities for international students to pursue their dream to study nursing through fully or partially funded scholarship. Just make sure you visit the websites of these scholarship programmes and follow the instructions provided there. You will surely get this offer.