Undergraduate Scholarships for Nigerian Students
If you are a Nigerian student and you have a challenge with funding for your university education, there are available scholarship opportunities both in Nigeria and abroad specifically targeted to assist people like you. If you are interested in scholarship program specifically for undergraduate studies you have such opportunities which provide you sponsorship platforms to study at any university within Nigeria or abroad.
Here we have provided a list of various universities and institutes which are currently searching for very bright and eligible undergraduate Nigerian students who would receive financial assistance for their Bachelor’s degree program in Nigeria or abroad.
You need to know how to apply for the ongoing scholarships available for Nigerian students and what the exact requirements are so that you don’t miss out on these opportunities. With the information we have provided in this article all you need do is just to go through the list we have here to check out online which scholarships these bodies offer for undergraduate studies.
Available Scholarships for Nigerian Undergraduates
Here is a list of scholarships presently being offered to highly qualified students to study undergraduate courses at numerous universities and institutes in Nigeria and abroad. When you check the online platforms of these scholarship programs you will find that applications are already being accepted by awarding bodies. What you do now is take a look at this list to know which scholarship to apply for as a Nigerian student. Just go straight to the websites of these institutes and organizations below and you would know the next move to make to start applying for the scholarship:
- PTDF Scholarship
- SEPLAT Scholarship
- NLNG Scholarship
- Jim Ovia Scholarship
- NLNG Undergraduate Scholarship
- Guinness Scholarship
- Agbami Medical and Engineering Scholarship
- MTN Scholarship For Undergraduate
- Shell Undergraduate Scholarship
- NNPC Scholarship For Undergraduate
- Commonwealth Scholarship For Undergraduate
- SEPLAT Scholarship Application
- MEXT Scholarship Application
- UCAS Scholarship For Undergraduate
- UNICEF Scholarship For Undergraduate
- Total Undergraduate Scholarship
- Chevron Undergraduate Scholarship
- NDDC Undergraduate Scholarship
- DAAD Undergraduate Scholarship
- ExxonMobil Undergraduate Scholarship
- World Bank Undergraduate Scholarship
- CIA Undergraduate Scholarship
- MasterCard Undergraduate Scholarship
- USAID Undergraduate Scholarship
Eligibility for Undergraduate Scholarship
To apply for and win any undergraduate scholarship, you just have to make sure that you meet all the necessary requirements so that you would stand a greater chance of winning the scholarship and it will be given to you by the awarding body.
Though individual organizations and institutes have specific requirements they request from applicants, there are basic and standard requirements every undergraduate student interested in these opportunities should meet.
Let’s present to you some of the documents you must possess to be eligible:
- Passport Photograph
- WAEC Certificate
- International Passport (if you are studying abroad)
- Reference Letter/Sponsorship Letter
- Local Government of Origin Identification
- O’level Result
- Jamb Result
- Birth Certificate
- National Identification Number (optional in most cases)
For those interested in studying abroad, you need to meet any of these requirements:
- You have to be an international student
- You have to be a citizen or resident of a country outside the awarding body’s own country
- You have to be from a developing African country, that is, if the scholarship you’re interested in is specifically for students from a developing Africa country
- You would have already successfully applied and accepted for undergraduate studies at the university of your choice or that university should have at least given you a conditional offer.
How to Apply For Undergraduate Scholarship
The best way to know how to apply for each scholarship is to go to the awarding body’s website in order to follow the accurate procedure. In general terms, when you are applying for a scholarship, it is expected that you should submit your application form or letter, and requested documents to whichever organization or university that is sponsoring the scholarship.
Specifically, every scholarship has an application method unique to it, which is implemented and overseen by the awarding body. This is why you should visit their websites and follow application procedure stipulated there.
Take for instance, the BEA (Bilateral Education Agreement), this scholarship group requires you to submit your completed online application form at the specific JAMB centre you will be taking your CBT test in, and this has to include additional documents which you were requested to provide such as e: photocopies of your educational certificates, testimonials, and WAEC certificates (bring along the originals for verification purposes), your birth certificate from the National Population Commission, state of origin/LGA certificate signed and stamped, and 4 coloured passport sized photographs with a white background.
Another example is MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program, which is a partnership between MasterCard itself and other numerous universities, and this requires that you send your application directly to the scholarship webpage of the partner university you wish to study in.
Again, let’s say you want to apply for the Gani Fawehinmi Undergraduate Scholarship Award for Nigerian Scholarship, it means you have to send your application letter and supporting documents to the organization’s address via post.
Finally, you have to visit the website of each scholarship awarding body and check their application process and requirements in order to apply according to requirements. This will enhance your chances of winning the scholarship.