Department of Water & Sanitation Bursary
If you are searching for scholarship to study in sciences then this article could be useful to you. There is a scholarship opportunity for candidates in diverse areas of sciences which is available for you.
The Department of Water and Sanitation (DWS) was formed in 1912, when it was initially known as the Department of Irrigation. As one of the South African government’s departments, the DWS is responsible for the water resources of the country, particularly for formulating and implementing policies within the sector.
The DWS aim to ensure that South African have access to clean water and sanitation services, as well as water resources management for ensuring sustainable economic and social development in the country.
The Department of Water and Sanitation (DWS) have established a Learning Academy, whose aim it is to help students complete their tertiary students within the water and sanitation field, which is a scarce skills sector in the country.
The DWS will be awarding bursaries within the following undergraduate and postgraduate fields of study:
- Civil Engineering (BSc/ BEng/ BEng Tech/ National Diploma)
- Electrical Engineering (BSc/ BEng/ BEng Tech/ National Diploma)
- Mechanical Engineering (BSc/ BEng/ BEng Tech/ National Diploma)
- Hydrology (BSc)
- Geohydrology (BSc)
- Project Management (BSc)
- Environmental Management (BSc)
- Environmental Sciences (BSc)
- Environmental and Water Sciences (BSc)
- Water Care (National Diploma)
- Environmental Management (National Diploma)
- Biochemistry (National Diploma)
- Civil Engineering (BSc (Hons))
- Electrical Engineering (BSc (Hons))
- Mechanical Engineering (BSc (Hons))
- Hydrology (BSc (Hons))
- Geohydrology (BSc (Hons))
- Environmental Management (BSc (Hons))
- Project Management (BSc (Hons))
- Environmental Sciences (BSc (Hons))
- Environmental and Water Sciences (BSc (Hons))
Bursaries are awarded each year and renewed based on satisfactory academic performance. The following expenses are covered by the bursary programme: registration fees, tuition fees, allowance for prescribed textbooks, accommodation, meals and a personal allowance.
On completion of their studies, bursary recipients will be required to join the Water Learning Academy for up to 3 years.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted via written correspondence. Should you not receive feedback within 3 months of the application deadline, regard your application as unsuccessful.
For more on this you can see this WEBSITE