University of Melbourne 2023-2024 Graduate Scholarships for International Students
International students interested in furthering their studies in Australia have the opportunity to do so through scholarships offered by the University of Melbourne. This scholarship is offered to promising students undertaking graduate study at the University of Melbourne.
Why Study at the University of Melbourne
The track record of the University of Melbourne is a basic reason why this place is a popular destination for international students. This university is a public research university located in Melbourne, Australia. Founded in 1853, it is Australia’s second oldest university and the oldest in Victoria. The main campus of the university is located in Parkville, an inner suburb north of the Melbourne central business district, with several other campuses located across Victoria. Melbourne is a sandstone university and a member of the Group of Eight, Universitas 21 and the Association of Pacific Rim Universities.
Benefits of the University of Melbourne Masters Scholarship
The scholarship makes available one-off fee remissions of $5,000 or $10,000 and 25%, 50% or 100% fee remissions for the standard course duration.
Requirements for University of Melbourne Masters Scholarship Qualification
For any candidate to be qualified for this scholarship, you need to:
- Be a citizen of a country other than Australia or New Zealand and not a permanent resident of Australia
- Have applied for an eligible graduate coursework degree
- Be commencing study at the University of Melbourne for the first time
- Not be in receipt of any other tuition fee remission scholarship or sponsorship which, in combination with the IPCA, exceeds 100% of tuition fees
- Not have received any other scholarship provided by the Australian Government in the last 2 years
Eligible graduate coursework degrees that are qualified for this scholarship include:
- Any Master degree by coursework that is offered by the Melbourne Business School, Melbourne School of Design and Melbourne School of Engineering
- Master of Science in BioSciences, Chemistry, Earth Sciences, Ecosystem Science, Mathematics & Statistics, and Physics, Master of Biotechnology, Master of Data Science, Master of Environmental Science, Master of Geography, Master of Geoscience, Master of Urban Horticulture and the Master of Forest Ecosystem Science offered by the Faculty of Science.
- Master of Teaching offered by the Melbourne Graduate School of Education
- Executive Master of Arts, Master of Translation and Master of International Journalism offered by the Graduate School of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Graduate Certificate of Public Administration offered by the Melbourne School of Government
- Melbourne Law Masters offered by the Melbourne Law School
Selection criteria: Candidates that are eligible for this scholarship are selected on the basis of academic merit.
December 31 (Annual)
How to Apply
Applications for this scholarship opportunity are only required for students studying the Master of Teaching offered by the Melbourne Graduate School of Education (refer to Melbourne Graduate Scholarship (Education)) for application information.
If you are interested in a scholarship? Register now
All other scholarships are by automatic consideration.
To get more details about this scholarship opportunity, click here
The University of Melbourne graduate scholarship is an opportunity for international students to further their studies in one of the world’s leading universities.