Schwarzman Scholars Program and How You Can Apply
One of the very good opportunities for international students to further their education through assisted funding is the Schwarzman Scholars Program. This program offers international students opportunity for a fully funded master’s degree studies. The scholarship is very competitive and it selects 200 scholars each year to enroll for a Master’s degree at Tsinghua University in Beijing. This opportunity covers tuition fee, room and board, health insurance, and a $4,000 stipend for personal expenses. It is really a wonderful opportunity.
Schwarzman Scholars program is a one-year, fully funded master’s degree and leadership programme which takes place at Tsinghua University in Beijing, China. The programme involves a rigorous and innovative study of global affairs, and hands-on exploration of Chinese culture and commerce, including input by well experienced advisers across the world.
Beneficiaries of the Schwarzman Scholars are future leaders that will use their knowledge to make the world a lot more peaceful and prosperous place.
The 200 beneficiaries given this scholarship each year will pursue a Master’s degree at Tsinghua University in Beijing, one of China’s most prestigious universities. Selection for the Stephen A. Schwarzman Scholars is premised on applicants’ academic credentials and demonstrated leadership accomplishments as individuals who have the interest of making a positive difference in the world.
Tsinghua University’s campus which is where this scholarship is domiciled is located on the former site of the Qing Dynasty imperial gardens and there you can also find a lot of historical sites. This will make your stay in the school throughout the duration of the programme very interesting. Since 1911, the university has assisted students understand globalization and served as a link between China and the rest of the world. Tsinghua University, one of China’s most influential and respected institutions, continues to cultivate the next generation of world leaders.
Some powerful leaders in China were educated in Tsinghua University. Among them are current and former Presidents Xi Jinping and Hu Jintao; former National People’s Congress Chairman Wu Bangguo; former Premier Zhu Rongji; and former Vice Premier Huang Ju.
• Level of Study: Masters
• Institution(s): Tsinghua University
• Study in: China
• Opportunity Focus Areas:
• – Global Affairs
• – Leadership
• – Public Policy
• – Economics and Business
• – International Studies
• To know more about the available programs check this link
• Program Period: One years
• Number of Scholarships: Up to 200.
o For USA and global applicants: September 20, 2022.
o For Chinese applicants: May 20, 2022.
Successful applicants of the Schwarzman Scholars Program 2023 at Tsinghua University will receive the following benefits;
• Tuition Fees.
• Room and board.
• An arrangement to travel to and from Beijing at the beginning and end of the academic year.
• An in-country study tour.
• Required course books and supplies.
• Health insurance.
• $4,000 stipend which is for personal expenses.
Schwarzman Scholars will be the single largest philanthropic effort ever undertaken in China by largely international donors.
Application Criteria for Schwarzman Scholars Program 2023
Required Languages: English
Eligible Countries: Candidates can apply from any country in the world.
• Candidates should have undergraduate degree or first degree from any college or university accredited for this scholarship, or equivalent of such degrees.
• All interested persons who are presently studying undergraduate degree program must successfully complete all degree requirements before August 1 of their Schwarzman Scholars enrollment year. There is no restriction to any field of study. The scholarship is open to applicants interested in enrolling for a programme in any field of study. One very important inclusion to the application letter is that applicants must be able to demonstrate how participating in Schwarzman Scholars will assist in developing their leadership potential within their field.
• Candidates have to be not less than 18 but not yet 29 years of age as of August 1 of their Schwarzman Scholars enrollment year.
English language proficiency.
• Applicants must show strong proficiency in English language, and this is because all teaching will be done in English. For applicants whose native language is not English, they have to sit for official English proficiency test scores and submit their results with the application. Acceptable test options are:
• Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL PBT). Minimum score 600.
• Internet-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL iBT). Minimum score 100.
• International English Language Testing System (IELTS). Minimum score 7.
You will get a waiver for this requirement if you studied an undergraduate programe in a school where the primary language of instruction was English, and spent at least two years of the applicant’s academic program in that institution. The requirement will also be waived for applicants who did their studies in English for two or more years at a Master’s degree level or higher.
You can find the complete eligibility criteria here.
How You Can Apply for Schwarzman Scholars 2023 Program
You have to strictly follow the instructions given here to stand the chances of winning the scholarship:
(1) Create an online account at this link for international applicants. For applicants with Chinese passports, please click here to apply.
(2) Use the following info to start completing the application form:
• Personal information.
• Biographical profiles.
• Language Skills and Test scores.
• Professional experience.
• Experience abroad.
• Leadership roles,
• Awards and Recognitions,
• Disciplinary Action.
• Essays, Transcripts, Resume CV,
• Additional information.
For information in how to filling the application check the link.
(2) The form also required the following documents:
• Online application.
• Resume (2 page maximum).
• Transcripts/Academic Records.
• Two Essays.
• Three Letters of Recommendation.
• Video (optional).
(3) For any questions or inquires check the link..
(4) Submit your application using the